Sunday, April 22, 2007

Weekend of destruction.


Off weekends (weekends without racing) are always interesting. They often end up being last-minute/spur of the moment "let's do this" type of deals. That was the case this past weekend. It all started with Hank calling me up late Friday night and informing me that Brad and him were on their way down to my house for some shuttling and Dirtjumping. Cool, I said...and in less than 2 hours they arrived at my house.


On these particular types of weekends there is no rush to do anything. We (Hank, Brad, my brother and I) woke Saturday at about 10am and proceeded to go down to the garage and ready the bikes for riding. We ended up leaving the house at about 12pm which turned out to be perfect timing. We met up with local tweaker T.J and other local DHers to shred some trails that were in superb condition. Brad found my "sarape" (Mexican blanket) from when I was about 5 years old and wore it the whole day. I found some super fly astro shades that my grandma must have left behind and was sportin' those to get maximum UV protection.

The trails were epic. It had rained the day before so the dirt was extremely tacky and oh so niccceeee. Quote from Captain America himself, Hank Cadle: "I felt like friggen Sam Hill or something down those runs, grrrraaaapppppp!!" Unfortunately for Mr Hillwannabe his semi slick had different plans and he popped it on the 4th shuttle and was demoted to shuttle driver.

After Ted Williams we decided to head out to the dirtjumps and try our hand at some gnarly steep hits. We were wiped out from the day's descending so we only jumped for a little while.


Saturday night was long, as in we saw the sun come out and we were not even heading home yet...Oh my.

Sunday. Well, let's just say we were a bit tired. We headed down to the jumps at around 10am and jumped for about 5 hours. Bradical was still feeling the effects of the previous night but still had enough in him to jump. Got to shoot a couple of photos with the old Fujifilm s1pro from like 1990 which was different and interesting. A quick trip to In-and-out and the weekend was done, another epic weekend that had no planning whatsoever involved.

No comments: