Thursday, August 16, 2007

Tahoe with Sanjay

I decided to go up to Northstar with Sanj a few weeks back for some riding and to race. I rolled up to Orange County right after work and hung out with Wes for a few hours while Sanjay got everything ready. We ended up leaving Irvine at around 9pm, ouch. We arrived promptly at 4am and caught a few hours of sleep before we actually go to riding. Northstar is as good as ever thanks to many new trails and trail improvements throughout the mountain. A few highlights include the "livewire" trail that is and absolute blast to ride, and of course all the classic rock-laden trails that are part of the Northstar experience. I did not get any riding pictures because...we were too busy riding. However, we got plenty of pictures of the shenanigans that went on after the lifts closed. We did get to race, Sanjay won followed by Lealand and I came in third (thanks to some mistakes on my run). All in all it was a good weekend trip up to the 'star and I am looking foreword to going back up in a few weeks for Labor day.










No comments: