Friday, April 30, 2010

Port Angeles PRO GRT.


Well, we are back from the awesome Pacific Northwest and the first round of the PRO GRT series. This race was held in Port Angeles, WA and it could not have been at a better spot! The track was FAST and the competition was world class, former world champions and all! I had a decent seeding run, taking it VERY easy and finishing about mid-pack in the field of over 100 of the worlds fastest pro racers. I feel very honoured to be able to ride with these guys given my limited riding time at home and hectic schedule that I put up with back at home. My race run was not so good, I went off the course into the extremely dense vegetation, thus ending my chances of a good finish. Luckily for me the vegetation up there is thick so any injuries were spared. The bike is starting to grow on me, I feel like I am getting more and more comfy on it and I am realizing that the bike can go pretty darn fast! I did some tweaks to the rear shock, FOX was there, and luckily they worked with me to get the rear shock tweaked to what I thought is the best (internal) tune for the frame (and my riding), THANKS JUSTIN. The bikes, again, were getting a ton of questions and lookers, and I let people ride mine around...including fellow pro riders who all felt the bike was "dialed". Here are some photos:

No comments: