Friday, June 15, 2007

Deer Valley day dos

Well, just when I thought things could not get worse mechanically...they don't. But other problems do come up, mainly riding problems: today I had the worse fall in recent memory. My chainguide was caught on a rock right before a sizable drop and I dove about 12 feet onto the jagged, rocky landing. The course officials were stunned and made sure I was ok. When they asked me where I was I responded: "I'm at the bottom of the drop that just OWNED me." They found that humerus and helped me off the course. When I finally fixed my bike and cleared my head I went up for another run, which was short-lived due to the fact that I flatted at the top of the course. Got that fixed and was finally able to get some runs in. Can't say that they were as fast as I'd like but they were good.

The drop pictured here to the right is where I fell...
from the very top!


The minor damage from a horrific crash:

No comments: