Saturday, June 23, 2007

St. Anne day 2 and 3

Everything happens quickly at a world cup. Before I know it I am sitting in the Media room on the eve of race day. Whether that is a good thing or a bad thing I still cannot decide, one thing is for sure, tomorrow will be a long day. I found it a bit hard to get up today, I was not tired but feeling rather sick. My first run was a disaster, I fell twice and lost a couple of spokes. I took a break to mend my broken bike. After the break I headed up for another run...when I got to the bottom my wheel had again failed. I re-tightened the spokes and went up for another run, my wheel's final stand. When I came down I noticed the wheel more off balance than before, upon closer examination I noticed a large split in the rim and many deep dents in the sidewall. I will need to find a set to borrow for tomorrow. The course is fast and tough, I will need all of my skill and experience to even qualify tomorrow. Wish me luck, I will for damn sure need it.



No comments: